FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
January 11, 2019 – Whitsell Innovations, Inc. to speak at five universities across the country on career opportunities in medical communications
Whitsell Innovations (WI), Inc. is pleased to announce presentations of the “Scope of Career Opportunities of Medical Communications.” These presentations are scheduled for postdoctoral scholars at the following institutions:
- October 25, 2018: University of Illinois at Chicago by Teresa McNally, PhD, Medical Writer and Consultant at WI
- January 11, 2019: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill by Chantelle Rein-Smith, PhD, Medical Writer and Consultant at WI
- January 14, 2019: University of Colorado Denver (Anschutz Medical Campus) by Kelly Kilibarda, PhD, and Bill Buchta, Medical Writers and Consultants at WI
- January 15, 2019: Duke University by Ann Winter-Vann, PhD, Senior Medical Writer and Manager at WI
- January 22, 2019: University of Pittsburgh by Melissa Christianson, PhD, Medical Writer and Consultant at WI
The presentations will give an overview of medical writing for pharmaceutical, biotech, and device companies, including the preclinical and clinical documentation required for submissions to the Food and Drug Administration. In addition, these presentations will describe the role of medical writers in sharing clinical data via manuscripts, training materials, presentations, and more. Finally, the presentations will introduce and discuss the WI internship program, an 18-month paid position to help introduce medical writing to promising candidates. The ideal applicants are PhD-level scientists who are transitioning from their postdoctoral laboratory position into a career in industry; however, all applicants with an appropriate scientific background will be considered. A passion for science, writing talent, a strong work ethic, and a desire to learn about written communication in a regulated environment are prerequisites.
Connie Morris, Operations Manager at WI, states: “WI’s internship program is such an important and unique part of our company culture. It’s empowering to visit universities and speak to motivated individuals who are interested in learning more about a career in medical writing.”
2019 timeline for internship applications:
1/17/19 – Applications open
3/1/19 – Applications close (no exceptions)
4/1/19 – Interviews begin
4/14/19 – Notifications
4/24/19 – Tentative first day
ABOUT WHITSELL INNOVATIONS, INC.
WI is a WBENC-certified woman owned full-service medical and scientific writing company headquartered in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
This release contains certain forward-looking statements which involve known and unknown risks, delays, uncertainties and other factors not under the company’s control. Whitsell Innovations, Inc.’s actual results, performance, or achievements could be materially different from those projected by these forward-looking statements. Given these risks and uncertainties, you are cautioned not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements.