FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Chapel Hill, NC – 04 November 2019 – Whitsell Innovations, Inc. Writers to attend and present at the 2019 American Medical Writers Association (AMWA) Medical Writing & Communication Conference.
In addition to being a Silver-Level Sponsor, Whitsell Innovations, (WI), Inc., is pleased to announce that our President, Robin Whitsell, and 16 of our writers will be presenting at the 2019 AMWA Medical Writing & Communication Conference, Trends and Opportunities for Medical Communicators, November 6-9, 2019, at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina, San Diego, California.
“Attending and presenting at AMWA demonstrates WI’s commitment to life-long learning and the scholarship of medical writing,” says Ms. Whitsell. “For the 2019 meeting, I’m excited to present how medical writers can elevate discussions that impact our industry and the voices of our patients.”
Robin Whitsell, President at WI, is presenting “Are You a Candle or a Wolf? Medical Writers as Strategic Leaders.”
Mary Ellis Bogden, BA, Senior Writer and Manager, and Chantelle Rein-Smith, PhD, Senior Medical Writer and Consultant at WI are co-presenting “Herding the Cats: The Medical Writer’s Survival Guide for Regulatory Submissions.”
“As a regulatory and technical writer for most of my career, I look forward to attending the AMWA Conference to monitor the changes in our industry and stay abreast of the latest trends,” says Ms. Ellis Bogden. “Presenting on the project management aspect of medical writing with my esteemed colleague, Dr. Chantelle Rein-Smith, allows me to create a dialog on this important aspect of our client engagements.”
The WI presentations include:
- Ashley Khan, PharmD, Medical Writer and Consultant, and Mandy Pennington, BS, MWC, Quality Reviewer and Medical Editor at WI are co-presenting “’X’ Marks the Spot: Creating an Annotation ‘Treasure Map’ for Quality Control Review.”
- Teresa McNally, PhD, Medical Writer and Consultant at WI, is presenting “Reporting Drug Metabolism in the Age of Precision Medicine.”
- Kelly Crossett, BA, Quality Reviewer and Publishing Specialist at WI is presenting “In the Green Room with Your Words – MS Word Template Creation” and “Beyond Happy 😊, Sad ☹, and Mad (*%$#!) – Use Your Words! (Dealing with Life and Stress Using Emotional Granularity)”
- Teresa Chu, PhD, Medical Writer and Consultant at WI will have a Poster on Display, “Basket Trials for Evaluating Tissue-agnostic Oncology Treatment: Promises and Challenges.”
- Linda Rowse, BS, MBA, Medical Writer and Consultant at WI will have a Poster on Display, “The Informed Consent Document: New Federally Required Elements.”
- Beth Knight, PhD, Medical Writer and Consultant at WI will have a Poster on Display, “Overview of Lay Summaries.”
- Katie Bates, PhD, Medical Writer and Consultant, Dwyn DeSilver, BS, Medical Writer and Consultant, and Cathi Harmon, BS, Medical Writer and Consultant at WI will have a Poster on Display, “Covert Leadership: A Backstage Approach to Effective Medical Writing.”
- Catherine Roy, PhD, Medical Writer and Consultant, Irene Papanayotou, PhD, Medical Writer and Consultant, Cody Nichols, PhD, Medical Writer and Consultant, and Bill Buchta, PhD, Medical Writer and Consultant at WI will have a Poster on Display, “A Step in the Write Direction: A Career Move from Research to Medical Writing.”
Nine additional WI writers will moderate Roundtable Discussions on a wide range of topics including Work-Life Balance, EU Medical Devices, and Medical Writing Mentorships.
In total, 35 employees from WI will be attending the meeting. The American Medical Writers Association supports those in the medical communications field. It provides opportunities to expand writers’ professional network, offer access to medical writing resources and publications, and host professional development workshops and seminars, including the annual conference.
ABOUT WHITSELL INNOVATIONS, INC.
WI is a Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) certified woman owned full-service medical, scientific, and technical writing company headquartered in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.